March 13, 2019
WomenActive-NS Association (WANSA) is seeking an exceptional leader to act as Project Manager; one who is a champion for gender equity and passionate about recreation, sport and leadership development. This position requires an engaging and confident leader with experience in leading social change initiatives – one who can empower the creation of gender equitable services in sport, recreation and leadership settings throughout the Province. The Project Manager possesses a strong leadership style compatible with the core values of WomenActive-NS: respect, diversity, fairness, and courage.
It’s an exciting time to be involved in gender equity work given the level of interest and attention both nationally and here in Nova Scotia!
Reporting to the WomenActive-NS Chair, the Project Manager must have excellent communication skills; knowledge of, or experience working within various levels of government; and be a creative, resourceful and independent thinker. The successful candidate will design and deliver facilitation processes and leadership training; manage multiple projects; work collaboratively and independently; and be an excellent problem solver. Experience in all elements of diversity and previous work within underrepresented communities is a core competency requirement.
Job Functions Include:
- Manage the implementation of the strategic plan
- Motivate various sectors on the need for gender equity in all aspects of their service delivery
- Group facilitation and leadership training to increase other’s gender equity skills and capacities
- Grant writing, fundraising and event coordination
- Staff support to the WANSA board
- Utilize a gender based analysis for all endeavours
- Website and social media support
- Media and communication coordination
- Supervise part time staff and/or manage volunteers on various projects
- Policy development and research
- Leverage stakeholder involvement to address key voids in equity – ie: keeping young girls in sport, eliminating harassment and abuse, increasing opportunities for women on boards, engaging the SOGI/ LGBTQ2S++ community
- Build capacity within the regions to deliver equity initiatives
With a minimum of five years related work experience, the Project Manager will:
- Ensure strategic plan project goals are met and all goal functions are carried out;
- Ensure actions are consistent with organizational values, board policies, and priorities;
- Have an understanding of, and be able to navigate, the recreation and sport sectors at the community and provincial levels;
- Be financially savvy; resourceful with ability to build sustainable initiatives.
- Have demonstrated ability in the engagement and development of partnerships and stakeholders throughout the various regions within the Province;
This is a contract position with flexible hours but a fairly demanding schedule. The successful candidate will work out of the Recreation Nova Scotia office, Lakeside, Nova Scotia and/or a home office.
Please send resume and cover letter to Krista Devoe at email@example.com. To learn more about WomenActive-NS Association, or to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please email Krista Devoe. Deadline for applications is 4:00 pm on Wed., March 20, 2019. WomenActive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from equity seeking groups to apply (ie: African Nova Scotian, Indigenous, Persons with Disabilities, SOGI – Sexual Orientation Gender Identifying).
Qualifications: Undergrad degree in Recreation Management, Sport Administration, Community Development or related field of study. 5 years related experience.
In addition to accepting applications, the WomenActive Board of Directors is willing to accept employment proposals from interested candidates.
While we thank all of the applicants for their interest, only those being selected for an interview will be contacted.